Thursday 16 August 2012

Pura Vida, Mae!

My first travel story is about a no-arm country. in 2009, this country rank as the #1 in Happy Planet Index. Any guess? Si, eso es Costa Rica mae!

I lived there almost a year back in 2009. I did my master degree there at UPEACE

I feel bad actually, my hard drive external just crashed last month. Sucks. I lost all of the data (photos & files) of my trips and works. This gave me a reason to start blogging so that I can put it online, hope this blogspot won't go bankrupt and lost all the data. There's this proverb that say and end is a new beginning. Maybe what happened to my hd external is a sign *trying to make some positive thoughts here*, it does lead me to something new.
You wont find San Jose shots here or artesian market but if you happen to be there you have to visit the National Theater and the artesian market there. The markets are quite cool although most of the things you'll find will be made in China hehehe, well but what doesn't , verdad?
 I gather all of this from my fb accounts, sorry if its wasn't the best.
Here are some glimpses of Costa Rica, enjoy folks



Colors of Costa Rica. We found this on our way to Irazu Volcano.  From here you can go to La Paz waterfall also.  

Costa Rica is famous by its beaches. This one is La Cruz in guadalupe. Its' like a hidden gem. Located in a border between Costa Rica. It's a white sandy beach and has a tranquil atmosphere. I like it better than Jaco. Wish I have better picture :(

We camped out on the beach. It was really cool just to open your blanket in the morning and have the beach for your own. There's another beach near this place also called playa Coyotera. At night you can swim with the sparkling algae. Super fun.


A mosque in San Jose. Since the majority here is Catholic they refer mosque as the 'muslim church'




A trip to Tortuguero. The guide will take you to see turtles when they laid their eggs at night. 
You'll see some wild animals inside there, like this Cayman who decided to say Hello :)
Gallo Pinto : traditional food



Lentern Festives during the Independence Day Celebration

Indendence Day Carnaval: delegates from neighboring countries
Que lindos ninos!
UPEACE Graduation: Gender and Peace Building class 2009-2010 

Your visit to Costa Rica won't complete before meeting Oscar Arias :)









No comments:

Post a Comment