Saturday 19 January 2013

A glimpse of Cagayan de Oro

It's been a while since I wrote my last post. I don't think I have goos enough excuse, I've been to lazy to write and I know this will happen. I am trying to fight all the no-writing-better-laying feelings.
My first post in january will be about Cagayan de Oro. I visited CDO last October (believe me, I have so many pending stories). CDO is quite different with the other two provinces that I visited previously: Davao and Surigao del Sur. A place that somehow reminds you of Indonesia. CDO is a lively small city, if you stay in the central area near Xavier University, everything that you need is in walking distance. Something that I really enjoyed. A home for Xavier Ateneo de Manila and some other university, a lot of youth come to CDO to pursue their education. First time I arrived here, I have difficulties pronouncing 'Xavier', so when I told the taxi guy to take me to Xavier, he responded with 'oo' (which means in Tagalog and drove me all the way to the port. I was so confused but then I understand that he actually hear "Sa Pier" (means to Pier/Port) Blah! Me and my accent!
Traveller usually come to CDO to do white water rafting and or hiking in Bukidnon. As for me. I did not have that privilege since I was there for working. nonetheless, I still like CDO a small but lively city. Just like any other 'student' city in Indonesia. I love walking on the street during the market day on friday and saturday. They have everything from live music, food, clothes, phone accessories, and so forth. Sunday is a super laid back day here, not so many stores open maybe because they spend it with their family and of course you need a day break after working for a week. A trip to CDO make me love Mindanao even more, despite the fact that I got dengue there lol...










No comments:

Post a Comment